This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StirUpTheFun #CollectiveBias
This easy baked teriyaki chicken with pineapple brings lots of delicious colors and flavors to your dinner table with little prep time. We have made this recipe for teriyaki chicken many times over the years. It’s easy and dependable. I love that I can marinate it the night before, so the chicken is ready to go in the oven at dinner time. It makes it a perfect quick and easy weeknight meal.
I was able to pick up all of the ingredients of this healthy family dinner at Safeway. The Kikkoman® Teriyaki Sauce, Dole® Pineapple in 100% Pineapple Juice, and Minute® Brown Rice were all easy to find.
To make the baked teriyaki chicken, start by marinating boneless skinless chicken breasts in Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce. It can be marinated for as little as 20 minutes or as long as 24 hours. Also, KikkomanUSA.com offers easy to follow recipes, making it easy for home-cooks to enjoy Asian flavor and flair any night of the week.
Once your ready to cook the chicken, arrange sliced bell peppers, sweet onions, and Dole Pineapple Slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Top with the marinated chicken breasts and bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
As you can see, I had a cute little dinner helper. She decided the juice couldn’t be wasted and she needed to drink it. Good think it was 100% pineapple juice. Dole Pineapples are also rich in vitamin C, low in sodium, naturally fat free, and naturally cholesterol free.
While the chicken is baking, whip up your Minute Brown Rice. I love that it offers the same nutritional value as regular long cooking brown rice, but I can make it in 1/4 of the time. It makes it easy for me to offer my family a complex carbohydrate on busy nights.
- 4 thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounce bottle Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- 20 ounce can Dole Pineapple Slices in 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups Minute Brown Rice
- Place chicken breasts in a gallon sized zip top bag and pour the Kikkoman teriyaki sauce over the chicken. Remove as much air as possible and close the bag. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Once your chicken is done marinating, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice the bell peppers and sweet onion.
- Arrange the bell peppers on the parchment lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Top the bell peppers with the sliced sweet onions, followed by the Dole pineapple slices in 100% pineapple juice.
- Drain the chicken and place the chicken in a single layer on top of the fruit and vegetables.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 1¾ cups water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Stir in the 2 cups Minute brown rice and return to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit another 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve with the teriyaki chicken.