This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans. All opinions are my own.
I have been meaning to share this black bean and chicken taco salad with you for a long time. Like a year. For real. I don’t know why it took me so long. Probably because when I finally felt up to getting around to photographing and blogging about it, we were in the middle of winter. And if you’ve been following along for very long, you know I LOVE to share soups in winter.
I digress. This chicken and black bean taco salad recipe is amazing. It’s easy to make (even though it may look complicated) and is totally kid friendly. You can leave all of the toppings separate and let your kids build their own. Plus, there are chips. Yum.
The highlight of this recipe is really the dressing made with Bush’s Black Beans. The beans are filling and delicious. I always have some on hand because they are frugal, shelf stable, and the perfect finger food for toddlers. All of my kids loved eating Bush’s black beans when they started self-feeding and Allison isn’t any different. Bush’s beans can be found at Walmart.
Now, on to the recipe for Black Bean and Chicken Taco Salad!
- 1 can Bush's Black Beans
- ¾ cup medium salsa
- ½ cup cilantro, divided and chopped
- 1 packet or ¼ cup taco seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pound thin cut chicken breasts
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the Bush's black beans and pour into a medium bowl. Add in the medium salsa and `1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the taco seasoning and olive oil.
- Place the chicken breasts on the lined cookie sheet and brush with the taco seasoning mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice.
- Once the chicken is baked, put together the salad. Start with a thin layer of tortilla chips followed by the shredded lettuce. Add the chicken, sour cream, and avocado. Top with the black bean dressing.
- Serve immediately.
- Taco Stuffed Shells
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Crockpot Beef Tacos
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup