Creamy Fruit Salad
This recipe for creamy fruit salad is one of those dishes that brings me back to childhood. It’s sweet and satisfying – perfectly paired with cherries, apples, pineapple, and mandarin oranges. Yum!
Creamy Fruit Salad brings me back to my childhood in all the right ways #food #recipe Click To Tweet
It would make a wonderful contribution to a back yard barbecue or Thanksgiving dinner. You could even get away with calling it dessert.
It’s best when you make it ahead of time and let it chill for at least an hour so the flavors can melt together.
I love that this creamy fruit salad is made with mostly pantry items. The only fresh fruit required is an apple. I used a sweet gala apple in this creamy fruit salad, but granny smith would work, too.
- 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, defrosted
- 6 ounce container vanilla yogurt
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 10 ounce jar Maraschino cherries, drained
- 8 ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping and vanilla yogurt. Mix well.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple, Maraschino cherries, mandarin oranges, and chopped apple.
- Mix until the fruit is evenly coated.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. Use within two days.