Crockpot Beef Tacos
There was a great sale on chuck roasts last week at Lucky. They were on sale for 3.99/pound, which is the lowest I am able to find them. When they go on sale, I try to stock up.
My only complaint with chuck roasts as the go-to recipes tend to be beef stew and pot roast. Those recipes are great, but sometimes you need a change.
That’s where these crockpot beef tacos come in. The are really easy to prepare and feed a crowd. We usually eat half of the batch and freeze the other half for a quick and easy meal on a busy night.Try these easy #crockpot beef tacos tonight Click To Tweet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crockpot Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Crockpot Italian Meatballs
- 2-3 pound chuck roast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 4 oz. cans mild diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Corn tortillas, pic de gallo, sour cream, and cilantro for serving.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the chuck roast with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place chuck roast on the hot skillet and sear (approximately 30 seconds per side). Remove from heat.
- Arrange the sliced yellow onion on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place the seared chuck roast on top of the onion.
- Pour the green chiles over the chuck roast and sprinkle with oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix together water and corn starch. Pour over chuck roast.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Turn of heat and shred beef with a fork or tongs. The meat with just fall apart and it will combine all ingredients.
- Serve with corn tortillas, pic de gallo, sour cream, and cilantro.