I know I just shared a slow cooker spaghetti and meatball recipe with you, but I have been planning on sharing this instant pot pasta with meat sauce recipe with you since I got my fabulous Instant Pot and I just couldn’t wait any longer. If you have an instant pot (or are thinking about getting one), then you need to add this recipe to your list. It’s yummy, filling, and totally kid friendly!
There is a secret ingredient in this pasta recipe, too. Well, three secret ingredients: cheese, cheese, and more cheese! It’s as close as I could get to baked ziti in the instant pot electric pressure cooker without actually baking anything. The cheese makes the sauce creamy and delicious.
I used penne pasta for this instant pot pasta with meat sauce recipe, but you can use any tube-shaped pasta. You just want to avoid the long and skinny pasta varieties (like spaghetti), because they can clog your Instant Pot. That would be tragic.
To make this pasta, you start by browning ground beef in the bowl of the Instant Pot set to saute. Next, drain the fat and add your water, pasta, and sauce.
Cook on high for 4 minutes and natural pressure release for 5 minutes. Open the lid and mix in the cheesy goodness.
Serve immediately with garlic bread.
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 cups water
- 32 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Set instant pot to saute and brown ground beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove browned ground beef and drain fat.
- Add in pasta, water, meat, and marinara sauce (in that order).
- Close lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Natural pressure release (NPR) for 5 minutes and then release the additional pressure.
- Stir in the cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses.