Loaded baked potato soup in the instant pot is a hearty and flavorful meal-sized soup. It’s loaded with Yukon gold potatoes, bacon, half and half, and two different kinds of cheese.
To make instant pot potato soup, you start by cooking the bacon directly in the instant pot. I love this feature! I only dirtied one pot making this soup!
Then, you take the bacon out and add the potatoes and chicken broth (I also made the chicken broth in my instant pot) and cook for 10 minutes.
Next, you unplug the instant pot and blend up the potatoes and broth using an immersion blender (this is the one I have). If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can blend it in a traditional blender or use a potato masher. The potato masher will leave you with a bit of a chunkier soup.
After your soup is blended, plug the instant pot back in and set it back to saute. Bring it to a boil and whisk in 4 ounces cubed cream cheese and half and half. Keep whisking until the cream cheese is fully blended into the potato soup. Mix in 1/2 of the cooked bacon.
Top your soup with the remaining bacon, shredded sharp cheddar, and sliced green onions. You’re all set to enjoy your rich and hearty instant pot loaded baked potato soup.
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- How to Make Soup From Scratch
- How to Freeze Soup
- 4 thick-cut bacon slices, cut into cubes
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, washed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Set your instant pot to saute and cook the bacon pieces. Hit cancel.
- Drain the fat and reserve the cooked bacon in a bowl.
- Place the whole potatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Cover with the lid and set it to soup for 10 minutes.
- Once complete, quick pressure release. Unplug the instant pot.
- Using an emulsion blender or potato masher, blend up the potatoes and broth until only a few chunks are left.
- Plug the instant pot back in and select saute. Whisk in the cream cheese and half and half. Cook, mixing regularly, until the cream cheese is completely melted. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Mix in ½ of the cooked bacon.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, green onions, and remaining bacon.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.