Moist and Delicious Banana Bread
This simple and delicious banana bread comes out of the oven with a crisp and chewy crust and moist crumb. The mix of white and brown sugars adds a depth of flavor not found in traditional banana bread recipes.
It will stay fresh on the counter tightly wrapped in foil or plastic wrap for a few days. Although, it may not last that long. I made a double batch of this bread and my kids and I ate an entire loaf that first morning.
You can also freeze the banana bread whole or in slices for up to 3 months. Just pull the slices out individually and pop them in your toaster for a few minutes.
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cup smashed banana (about three bananas)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- ⅓ cup buttermilk or soured milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and dust with 1 teaspoon white sugar.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, ½ cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the banana, eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, and vanilla. MIx well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture.
- Fold together until everything is wet, but still lumpy.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, 20 minutes.