Sparkly & Scented Play Dough
Making play dough from scratch is easier than you might think. With just a few pantry items, you can whip up a fresh batch of this sparkly scented play dough in no time!
Well, it does take a little bit of time. Less than 30 minutes, I promise.
You start by mixing together your dry ingredients in a small pot, then adding your wet ingredients. The secret to sparkly and scented play dough is glitter (of course) and Koolaid. The Koolaid gives it a nice scent and vivid color.
Heat and stir the wet and dry ingredients over medium heat until a ball forms in the center and the dough begins to darken and toughen.
Pour it out onto a clean surface and let cool for a few minutes. Just long enough for it to be cool enough to knead.
Knead the play dough 8-10 times, until it forms a shiny dough.
This is a great anytime boredom buster or can be made into a play dough kit like in this Good Night, Good Night Construction Site Play Dough Set and this Mermaid Play Dough Set.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon glitter
- 1 .23 ounce packet Koolaid in your choice of color
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small pot, mix together the flour, salt, cream of tartar, glitter, and Koolaid.
- Mix in the water and oil and heat over medium heat.
- Stir until a ball forms in the center of the pot. The dough is ready when it starts to toughen and darken in color. It is not ready if it's sticky.
- Remove from heat and place the play dough on a clean surface. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Knead 8-10 times, until the dough smooths out and stays together.
- Store in an air tight container.