How to Make a Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
Themed charcuterie boards are all the rage these days! If you want to make a fun themed hot chocolate charcuterie board, we have you covered! You will learn how to make a droll-worth hot cocoa charcuterie board in under 30 minutes.
Now, I know that “technically” charcuterie refers to a board filled with meats. But these days, we can gather any like items on a board and call them charcuteries. Why? Because it’s fun!
This hot cocoa board was so much fun to put tougher. The candies and decor are Valentine’s Day themed, but you could easily swap it out for any other holiday you like. Or just make the them hot chocolate!!
Either way you go, you are sure to wow your friends and family with this adorable hot cocoa tray!
Before your build your board, make sure you have gathered all of your supplies.
Supplies you will need:
- hot cocoa (obviously)
- chocolate chips
- marshmallows (I used mini and heart shaped)
- mugs (I love buying themed mugs at Dollar Tree)
- A tray, cutting board, wood slab, etc.
The trick to a good hot cocoa charcuterie board
- First, include lots of toppings! More is more in this scenario. I love including two different kinds of marshmallows and both chocolate and fruity candy options.
- When choosing a board, pick one that is large enough to hold all of the toppings and hot cocoa packets, and not too flimsy.
- When filling your hot chocolate board, fill it well. Try not to leave any open spots on the board. A little bit of overlap of the candies.
- For heating the hot cocoa, I like using an electric kettle. It boils the water quickly and makes enough for multiple cups at once.
More tasty charcuterie board ideas:
What kind of tray should I use for my charcuterie board?
You can be as creative as you want with your charcuterie board! In this hot cocoa board, I used a wood slab.
However, you can also use a regular cutting board, serving tray, or any other flat item you can think of. If you are looking for an affordable option, look for the cute trays at dollar tree.
They are my go-to for things like this!
Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
Follow these step-by-step instructions to make your own drool-worth hot chocolate charcuterie board.
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 6 packets hot cocoa
- 1/2 cup foil wrapped chocolate
- 1/2 cup sour candy
- 1/2 cup gummy bears
- 1/2 cup conversation heart candies
Place mini chocolate chips and sprinkles into two separate small bowls. Arrange bowls on either side of board or tray.
Place hot cocoa packets on one edge of board, slightly overlapping.
Add larger candies next: foil wrapped chocolates and full sized marshmallows. Arrange candies along two edges of tray.
Add smaller candies next, arranging each in a rectangle shape, slightly overlapping each other.
Serve and enjoy!
This board may be customized to fit any holiday. Look for holiday themed candies and mugs. This board can be built up to 4 hours ahead of time and wrapped in plastic wrap until ready to serve.
***Nutrition facts vary based on toppings added to hot chocolate.***