This post is sponsored by Foster Farms Air-Chilled Chicken but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Make this light and flavorful lemon pepper grilled chicken tonight. It’s an easy grilled chicken recipe with a homemade lemon pepper seasoning.
We celebrated the first day of summer by grilling some chicken in our backyard, after enjoying an afternoon of swimming. I look forward to summer so much for these moments.
We are really intentional about our time in summer and don’t sign the kids up for any activities, so we can spend time together as a family and encourage our kids to grow in their relationships each other. We also spend a lot of time camping (and grilling there, too).
I love making chicken for my family because it’s easy and healthy. Plus, I know my kids will eat it. Summertime is the best time for cooking chicken on your grill (although, we do grill year-round). I love that it gets us eating outside in the fresh air and the grill doesn’t heat up the house.
Homemade lemon pepper seasoning
Although, I love store bought lemon pepper seasoning, it tastes so much fresher when you make your own homemade lemon pepper seasoning. That’s thanks to the fresh lemon zest. Here is what I include in my lemon pepper seasoning:
- lemon zest
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- celery seed
- granulated sugar
Air Chilled Chicken
We made this lemon pepper chicken recipe with Foster Farm’s Air-Chilled Chicken. Air-chilling is the method Foster Farm’s uses to cool the chicken while processing it.
Air-Chilled chicken doesn’t absorb extra water, so it keeps the natural juices in-tact. It makes for a more flavorful and tender chicken. Air-chilled chicken also cooks faster than chicken processed in other ways, so keep an eye on it while it’s cooking!
Download this coupon to discover the delicious benefits of Foster Farms new Simply Raised Air-Chilled Chicken.
How to make lemon pepper grilled chicken?
- Start by mixing up your lemon pepper seasoning. The fresh lemon zest gives it a big zing of extra flavor.
- Rub the lemon pepper seasoning all over the Foster Farm’s Simply Raised Air-Chilled Chicken. We used boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe.
- Brush the seasoned chicken with lemon juice.
- Top the lemon juice with olive oil.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Your chicken is done when it shows some good grill marks on both sides. It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. We recommend using a simple meat thermometer to check your chicken.
- Squeeze additional lemon juice over the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
What to serve with grilled chicken?
We love serving grilled chicken with corn on the cob or grilled zucchini. Here are some other recipes to pair with your grilled chicken:
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 Foster Farms Air Chilled Chicken Breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice + additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine lemon zest, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, celery seed, and sugar in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Pat chicken dry.
- Rub lemon pepper seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the lemon juice over both sides of the chicken.
- Repeat with the olive oil.
- Heat a grill over medium heat.
- Place prepared chicken on the grill and cook, covered, 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and the juices run clear.
- Squeeze additional lemon juice over chicken.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving Calories 116Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 26mgSodium 554mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 10g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for lemon pepper grilled chicken? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.