As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Got a craving for some crispy chicken? Why not satisfy that craving with this delicious Crispy Chicken Sandwich Recipe? Everything about it is homemade… and the chicken is cooked to absolute perfection, boasting the perfect texture and consistency!
Welcome back, foodie friends! I hope you’re hungry because today, I am sharing my very special Crispy Chicken Sandwich Recipe. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Aileen, and I love sharing recipes that I make for my own family. As a busy mom, I always aim to make my recipes delicious, accessible, and budget-friendly.
What is a Crispy Chicken Sandwich?
My homemade chicken sandwich (which is sometimes referred as a “fried chicken sandwich”) consists of a generous piece of chicken breast, battered and fried to perfection. The cooked chicken is then sandwiched between two hamburger buns. You can add your own sandwich toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, etc.
My Family LOVES Sandwiches! Got Any More Recipes?
I’m thrilled that you asked! My family’s the same: we love making sandwiches, especially when we’re short on time but still want something delicious and comforting. Be sure to check out my other sandwich recipes:
What Makes These Sandwiches So Special?
Trust me when I say, once you take a big bite out of this buttermilk chicken sandwich, you’ll be wanting more! The secret to this recipe is marinated chicken! Each chicken breast sits in buttermilk for twenty minutes. Because buttermilk is high in acidity, it helps further tenderize the chicken and prevents it from becoming too tough and chewy.
It’s Important To Use A Meat Mallet
The first step in making this Crispy Chicken Sandwich recipe is to flatten the chicken with a meat mallet. Remember when we talked about tenderizing the meat with the help of buttermilk? Well, flattening the chicken is also an important step. By flattening the meat and then letting it sit in the buttercream, you get an ultra-tender piece of chicken breast… and each bite is mouthwatering!
What Can I Serve With My Fried Chicken Sandwich?
The ultimate in comfort food, my fried chicken sandwich pairs perfectly well with:
Crispy Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 hamburger buns
- Gather the ingredients
- Use a meat mallet to flatten the chicken to 1/2-inch thick. Cut the chicken to fit the bun, if desired.
- Place the flattened chicken in a rimmed dish and cover with buttermilk. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a shallow bowling stir.
- Place the eggs in a second shallow bowl. Whisk the eggs until well beaten.
- Dredge the chicken breast in flour so it is evenly coated.
- Next, place the chicken in the egg and turn to coat. Shake off any access.
- Finally, dip the chicken in the flour a second time.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the chicken into the hot oil. Cook 12 minutes, turning half-way through. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Place the chicken on the buns. Serve and enjoy!