Did you know you can make a deliciously creamy and decadent homemade Alfredo sauce? You sure can and it only takes 10 minutes! This is the best recipe that uses real heaving whipping cream and parmesan cheese. You don’t want to miss it!
This homemade Alfredo sauce is made with just four ingredients that make it easy to whip up on an ordinary weeknight. We always have butter, parmesan cheese and garlic on hand. I meal plan for the week and will just throw heavy whipping cream on my list if I plan to make Alfredo sauce one night.
How to make homemade Alfredo sauce?
- Simply start by simmering some melted butter and heavy cream together in a sauce pan.
- Let it cook for a few minutes until it is fully combined and starts to thicken.
- Whisk in freshly minced garlic and grated parmesan cheese until melted.
- That’s it! Your homemade Alfredo sauce is ready to eat. I told you it was easy.
What to serve with homemade Alfredo sauce?
Serve on your favorite pasta or on pizza with chicken, bacon, and green onions! We love this pizza dough for Alfredo pizza.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan of medium heat.
- Whisk in heavy cream and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Simmer while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in minced garlic and grated Parmesan until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Toss with your favorite pasta or use as a pizza sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 309Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 87mgSodium 699mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 1gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 8g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for homemade Alfredo sauce? Let use now what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.