Make Santa’s favorite Christmas cookie bars this Christmas Eve and surprise him with an extra special treat!
These Christmas cookie bars are incredibly easy to make and come out perfectly cakey and sweet. We share a few shortcuts to making the best Christmas cookie bars that don’t have you slaving away in the kitchen all day when you would rather be spending time with family.
Santa’s Favorite Christmas Bar Cookies
That’s why we call them Santa’s favorite cookie! They are easy to make and taste great as a special Christmas treat. The addition of the red and green candies make them just festive enough to enjoy the whole holiday season.
We love our cookie bars around here! Make sure you also check out our recipes for peanut butter cup bookie bars, Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars, Peanut Butter Bars with Chocolate Frosting, and snickerdoodle bars!
How to make Christmas cookie bars?
- This simple recipe uses cake mix and a package of vanilla pudding.
- Start by stirring the two mixes together.
- Add in some eggs and mix well.
- Pour in milk and melted butter and mix again.
- Fold in chocolate chips and Christmas colored cookies.
- Bake at for 15 minutes, until done.
- Cool, cut into squares, and serve.
How to store Christmas cookie bars?
Christmas cookie bars can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature. They will stay fresh for 4-5 days.
Can you freeze Christmas bar cookies?
Yes. These bar cookies can be made ahead of time and frozen. Let them fully cool and then cut into squares. Flash freeze them on a cookie sheet (close together but not touching) for 1-2 hours.
You may also like: Christmas Breakfast Casserole
Remove from the cookie sheet and place in a zip-top freezer bag. Squeeze out all of the air (a straw works great for this) and close the bag. Label and date the bag. Freeze up to 3 months.
To defrost, take them out of the freezer and let them defrost at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
Can I substitute the Christmas candies?
Yes. These Christmas cookie bars are made with Hershey’s red and green candies. You can also use M&Ms or Reeses Pieces in this cookie bar recipe.
- 1 (15-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups red and green chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 9x9 square baking dish and set aside.
- Combine cake and pudding mix in a large bowl.
- Mix in eggs, melted butter, and milk.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and candies.
- Spread cookie bar dough into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1 Christmas cookie bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 329Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 386mgCarbohydrates 49gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 34gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for Christmas Cookie Bars? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.