Peanut butter cup cookie bars filled with mini peanut butter cups, chocolate sandwich cookies, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Good luck just eating one of these delicious cookie bars!
I knew I wanted to get creative with the traditional blondies recipe and branch out to add more fun and flavor. I have found it with these cookie bars. They are perfectly cakey and bursting with flavor. If you’re in love with peanut butter cups like I am, you should also try this recipe for no-bake peanut butter cups.
The mini peanut butter cups get just a little melty fresh out of the oven and the chopped chocolate sandwich cookies add an extra texture that move these peanut butter cup cookie bars up to rock star status. I even warmed one of the cookie bars up and served it over vanilla ice cream after an especially long day. I ate it too quickly to take a picture, sorry.
This dessert is made in a 9×13 inch pan. It feeds a crowd (if you want it to), so it’s a great option if you need to bring something to a dinner party, barbecue, etc. Or you could just hoard them at home like I did. 😉
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until a paste forms. Allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the beaten eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture, adding just 1/3 of the flour at a time until fully combined.
- Pour the cookie bar batter into the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the mini peanut butter cups and chopped chocolate cookie sandwiches over the top of the cookie batter. Gently press the toppings into the batter with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving Calories 394