Chewy peanut butter bars topped with more peanut butter and a creamy chocolate frosting are perfect for that chocolate peanut butter craving you have been having. You can whip these babies up in under and hour and have a sweet treat to nibble on all weekend.
To make these delicious peanut butter bars, you will need a jelly roll pan, or some kind of rimmed cookie sheet with at least a 1 inch edge. If you don’t have one on hand, you could use a large casserole dish, but may need to bake them for a bit longer.
I made all of these bars after doing an inventory of my fridge, freezer, and pantry. I realized I had way to much half-used food and decided to get creative. I made these yummy peanut butter bars with chocolate frosting (which were a total win) and a chicken dish in the crock pot (which was a total flop). Don’t worry, I only post the winning recipes on this blog. 🙂
I also had a super cute 4-year-old taste tester patiently waiting for me to finish taking pictures so he could try one of these decadent peanut butter bars.
And this is when the sugar kicked in about 10 seconds later. Ha!
I hope you enjoy them as much as he did!
Make these yummy peanut butter bars with chocolate frosting for your next pot luck, or save them all for yourself!
- Peanut Butter Bars:
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, I used whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups smooth natural peanut butter, divided
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, grease a jelly roll pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the 1 cup butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing after each addition.
- Slowly mix in the flour, followed by the rolled oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Continue mixing and add in 1 cup peanut butter.
- Evenly spread the batter into the base of the jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Working quickly, place heaping scoops of the remaining 1 cup of peanut butter across the top of the cookie bar.
- Gently spread it across the peanut butter bar as it melts. Let cool.
- While the peanut butter bars are cooling, make the chocolate frosting by whisking the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup softened butter, milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla together.
- Spread the chocolate frosting across the peanut butter bars once they are full cooled.
- Store any uneaten bars in an air tight container at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving Calories 684
- Fudgy Nutella Brownies
- S’mores Blossom Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cups
- S’mores Brownie Cups
Recipe Source: Adapted from Six Sisters Stuff
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.