Make these tasty ranger cookies – a chocolate chip cookie with a delicious crunch, thanks to the addition of coconut, rolled oats, and corn flakes! They are crunch, sweet, and oh so chocolaty!
These Ranger cookies are so good, we could eat the whole batch in one sitting! I love a good cookie and these are one of my favorites. You definitely want to add this recipe to your list! Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a recipe.
How to make ranger cookies?
- Start by creaming together butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla, mixing after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and oats.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Fold in corn flakes, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Place tablespoons of batter on a cookie sheet, spaced 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350ºF for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool, serve, and enjoy!
Can I substitute corn flakes for a different cereal?
Yes. If you don’t have corn flakes, you can use Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies, Corn Chex, or other crunchy cereal.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup coconut
- 8 ounces Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. The mixture should become light and fluffy after 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the oats, and stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Fold in the corn flakes, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough up with a tablespoon and arrange 2-3 inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheat.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Carefully transfer baked cookies from cookie sheet to cooling rack and let cool completely.
If you don't have corn flakes, you can use Frosted Flakes, Rice Krispies, Corn Chex, or other crunchy cereals in place of the corn flakes.
Uneaten cookies can be stored at room temperature in an air-tight container, up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 2 cookies
Amount Per Serving Calories 527Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 49mgSodium 210mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 3gSugar 47gProtein 7g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for ranger cookies? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.