Make this sweet and spicy sticky chicken thigh recipe in your instant pot for dinner tonight! Instant pot bourbon chicken is a dump and go recipe that is packed full of layers of flavor!
I love cooking chicken in my instant pot. It makes dinnertime so much easy for me! If you’re like me, you like to have a variety of chicken recipes on hand so you aren’t serving the same thing over and over again.
Some of our favorites are instant pot Hawaiian chicken, instant pot crack chicken pasta, Instant Pot Chicken Curry, and Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas. You can also check out our full list of instant pot chicken recipes and instant pot frozen chicken recipes.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, you may double this recipe, as long as your pressure cooker is large enough to be filled with out going past the max fill line. The cook time stays the same. However, it will take your instant pot longer to come to pressure and longer to release the pressure.
What to serve with honey garlic chicken?
We love serving this chicken over rice and noodles. This recipe has vegetables cooked along with it, so there is no need to add anymore! If you want to add an additional veggie, we reccomend Easy Oven Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash.
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chop broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Prep your chicken and pat dry, set to the side.
- Add the apple juice, Bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, minced garlic, honey, crushed red pepper flakes, and ginger paste to your Instant Pot. Stir.
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the instant pot. Turn to coat in the sauce.
- Place the vegetables in the Instant Pot on top of the chicken.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 12 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, let it natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the remaining pressure.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water.
- Remove the lid of the instant pot and take out the chicken and vegetables. Set them aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and cold water.
- Press the saute button on the instant pot.
- Slowly whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce.
- Continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the chicken and vegetables back to the pot.
- Turn to coat.
- Turn off the instant pot.
- Top with sesame seeds, serve, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 767Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 415mgSodium 1712mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 3gSugar 26gProtein 86g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot honey garlic chicken? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.