Chewy Fruit and Nut Granola Bars
Homemade no-bake granola bars are much easier to make than you may think. They come together quickly and are much healthier than the store bought version.
This chewy fruit & nut granola bars recipe is made with coconut oil and honey – making the flavor nice and sweet and flavorful. These are perfect for a quick snack or in a brown bag lunch.
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup cashew pieces
- ½ cup dried cherries, blueberries, or strawberries (or a combination of the three)
- ⅛ cup flaxseed meal
- ⅛ cup shredded coconut
- In a small sauce pan, melt the coconut oil and honey over medium high heat.
- Continue to heat and stir until the mixture begins to bubble and darken.
- Allow the honey and coconut oil to bubble and cook until it turns and amber color.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, cashew pieces, dried fruit, flaxseed meal, and shredded coconut.
- Fold in the honey mixture until everything is wet.
- Pour the granola into a 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper (with plenty of overhang).
- Press the granola into the pan firmly with the bottom of a glass.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the granola bars from the pan by firmly lifting the parchment from the pan and turning the bars out onto a cutting board. Slice into bars using a sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Source: Adapted from Live Simply