As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I want to introduce you to Alyssa Gangeri. Alyssa is a professional chef and the author of the Mimi’s Adventures in Baking series. She is guest posting today on Aileen Cooks as a part of her virtual book tour. Enjoy!
My name is Alyssa and today I am going to share a new cookie recipe with you! My three children’s storybook cookbooks are full of variations to make the recipes your own, but this recipe is an adaptation of my chocolate chip cookie cookies with the infusion of peanut butter, bananas and of – course chocolate chips!
This is a great recipe for a cookie swap or for a new cookie to put on the holiday table that your family is sure to eat up! With the addition of mashed bananas I was able to eliminate the eggs out the recipe so this recipe is egg free. Holidays are the time for sharing and what better way to share than with a fun recipe everyone will want!
If you like this treat, you may also like our recipe for Christmas Puppy Chow. It’s a peanut butter chocolaty treat!
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup Peanut Butter smooth or creamy
- 3 Mashed Bananas Preferably very ripe bananas
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Crushed Pretzels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together your butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add your ripe bananas and mix until chunky.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. (A little bit of flour still peaking through is OK)
- Fold in the crushed pretzels and chocolate chips.
- Place heaping sized tablespoons of cookie dough on to your cookie sheet and gently press down with the bottom of a glass or with the palm of your moistened hand.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Chef Alyssa has been baking since she was a little girl in her grandmother’s kitchen. Since graduating from the Culinary Institute of America she has worked for famous chefs and elite companies such as the Ritz Carlton, Tom Colicchio, Norman Van Aken and Gray Kunz. She currently is the Executive Chef at Riverwalk Bar and Grill on the Historic nook of New York City, Roosevelt Island. She also has a boutique custom cake company called AllyCakesNYC where she creates cakes to appease the imagination. Through her journey of baking she developed Mimi, her very own miniature version of herself.
About The Books
Mimi’s Adventures in Baking will teach children how to measure, mix bake their way through the kitchen while also giving safety tips along the way. No more boring cookbooks! Now there is a fun, exciting and educational way to learn how to bake! You can find the newest book, Mimi’s Adventures in Baking Gingerbread Men on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.