Banana Blueberry Muffins with Vanilla Glaze
The vanilla glaze makes it an extra special treat. So special that this batch of muffins lasted one afternoon in my house. Normally, a dozen muffins will at least last us to the next day.
Not these banana blueberry muffins. They were too good to resist.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 TBSP melted butter, cooled slightly
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1½ cups mashed bananas ( about 3)
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a standard muffin tin or fill with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, eggs, melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and mashed bananas.
- Make a well in the flour mixture. Pour in the banana mixture and fold until just combined. Mix in the blueberries.
- Fill each muffin cup until completely full (not ¾ full or you won't get a good muffin top).
- Place in the oven with a cookie sheet underneath to catch any drips.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to fully cool.
- To make the glaze: whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until a glaze is formed. Add additional milk, if needed.
- Refrigerate the vanilla glaze until ready to use and remix prior to glazing the muffins.
- Drizzle the glaze over each muffin and enjoy. Refrigerate extra muffins.