Celebrate Easter with these yummy and festive Easter Rice Krispie Treats! They are so easy to make with just a handful of ingredients.
I love making Rice Krispie treats. Not only are they totally delicious but they are a really fun project to make with the kiddos. It’s an easy dessert recipe that gets them mixing and tasting and super excited.
We added Easter colored M&Ms to the tops to make them the perfect Easter treat. Also, if you don’t want to venture out to the store, you can order M&Ms Easter Candies on Amazon.
How to make Easter Rice Krispie Treats?
- Start by melting some butter in a sauce pan.
- Once it’s melted. Add the marshmallows. Stir constantly, until they are fully melted.
- Fold in the Rice Krispies and stir until they are completely coated by the gooey melted marshmallows.
- Spread the Rice Krispies into a greased baking dish.
- Immediately press the M&Ms into the top of the Rice Krispie treats.
- Let them fully cool (I know it’s hard!), about an hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Can I make Rice Krispie Treats ahead of time?
Yes, but I don’t recommend it. Homemade Rice Krispie treats really taste best on the same day. They aren’t very hard to make, so you should really plan on making them the day you want to eat them, if possible.
With that said, they will stay fresh in an air-tight container at room temperature for 3 days.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) bag marshmallows
- 5 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/2 cup Easter M&M’s
- Grease a square baking dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Slowly add Rice Krispies to melted marshmallows and mix well.
- Evenly press mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Press M&M’s onto the sticky top of the treats.
- Let fully cool.
- Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 treat
Amount Per Serving Calories 171Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 13mgSodium 134mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for Easter Rice Krispie Treats? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks and #aileencooks.