Make a batch of these adorable Christmas Rice Krispies Treats! They are decorated like reindeer with pretzels, candy eyes, and fun red noses – just like Rudolph!
I had so much fun making these rice krispie treat reindeer with my kids. There is something about baking around the holidays that makes it feel like Christmas. Of course, while we were decorating our Christmas Rice Krispie treats, my son asked when we were making rice krispie treat snowmen. So I guess those are on the list of Christmas snacks to make, too.
Christmas Rice Krispies treats with pretzels
Having them remember activities we did in past years makes me realize these little moments do matter. Making time to spend time with my kids while they are little makes a difference. It doesn’t have to be a lavish trip to Disneyland (although, we do love our Disney), just spending time together in the kitchen is enough.
After we finished making our Rice Krispies treats reindeer, my son said we should save the extra for when we have friends over to play. Since we didn’t have any play dates scheduled in the next few days, I decided we could wrap some up and bring them to our neighbors. Especially since we aren’t doing Kindness Elves this year, it was nice to know my son was thinking of others and to find an opportunity to perform an act of kindness with my kids. (We also love these Kids’ Christmas Crafts ideas, too!)
How to make Christmas Rice Krispie treats shaped like Reindeer?
There are two different methods for making the rice krispie treats. The method I share in my recipe is the microwave version (swapping out cocoa krispies for rice krispies). If you would prefer to make them on the stove, you totally can. There is a great tutorial on YouTube from Joy Of Baking on making rice krispie treats on the stove top. Just make sure you are using a 9×13 pan for this particular recipe for rice krispie treat reindeer.
How do you keep Rice Crispy Treats from sticking?
If the Rice Krispie treats are sticking to you, rub your hands with some butter. I know that might sound strange, but it will help you to shape and decorate the christmas Rice Krispie treats without them sticking all over your hands.
Should Rice Krispie Treats be refrigerated?
No. They can be stored at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 2 days.
Can u freeze Rice Krispie squares?
Yes. Freezing Rice Krispie treats is a great option if you want to make them more than 2 days ahead of time. You will want to wrap them individually since they are so sticky. We recommend wrapping them in plastic wrap or foil and then placing in a freezer bag.
Rice Krispies treats can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, place them at room temperature for about 30 minutes to defrost. There is no need to heat them up.
Make a batch of these adorable Christmas Rice Krispies Treats! They are decorated like reindeer with pretzels, candy eyes, and fun red noses - just like Rudolph!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 6 cups cocoa krispies
- 1 tube white icing, with decorating tip
- 24 mini pretzels
- 24 candy eyes
- 12 red hots
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Butter should be fully melted. Do not cool.
- Add mini marshmallows to bowl and toss to coat with melted butter.
- Place bowl of butter and mini marshmallows back in microwave for 90 seconds, stopping to stir it once.
- Working quickly, add in the cocoa krispies and mix until they are fully coated with the melted butter and marshmallows.
- Spread the rice krispie treats into the greased 9x13 inch pan. Smooth out the top of the rice krispie treats with a rubber spatula.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Now it's time to make your rice krispie treat reindeer. Cut your rice krispie treats into 12 triangles.
- Remove each triangle from the pan.
- Using your white icing with a decorating tip, place icing at the top two corners of the triangle and gently press once mini pretzel into each corner. These will be your rice krispie treat reindeer's antlers.
- Next, add glue on your eyes with the white icing.
- Lastly, use the white icing to attach the red hot "reindeer nose" to the bottom corner of the triangle.
- Try not to eat all of your rice krispie treat reindeer in one sitting!
Serving Size1 Rice Krispie treat
Amount Per Serving Calories 466 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 8mg Sodium 1696mg Carbohydrates 99g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 33g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 8g
Did you try this recipe for Christmas Rice Krispies Treats? Please consider leaving a rating and comment.