Do you like your pasta sauce spicy? You are going to love this simple recipe for instant pot spicy spaghetti. The delicious spicy marinara is made from all pantry ingredients, too!
I love making pasta in my instant pot. Other recipes I have shared are Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs, Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Pasta, Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta, and Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta.
I like this spicy spaghetti recipe because it’s got a good kick that is a nice change from your traditional marinara. Plus, all of the ingredients can typically be found in my pantry, so it’s an easy meal for when you don’t have a plan for dinner.
What makes the spaghetti spicy?
The spice in this recipe comes primarily from red pepper flakes. There is also a lot of garlic and basil, which adds a great punch of flavor.
What to serve with instant pot spicy spaghetti?
I love serving this with a batch of cheesy garlic bread and a simple green salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2(16-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water, divided
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Press the saute button on the instant pot.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried basil, italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, minced garlic and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in 1 cup water and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and place them on top of the sauce.
- Pour in the remaining 3 cups water. Do not stir.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 8 minutes on high pressure.
- Quick release pressure.
- Stir the spaghetti. It will thicken as it cools.
- Serve immediately, topped with parmesan cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 189Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 1mgSodium 510mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 6g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot spicy spaghetti? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag me in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks and #aileencooks.