Grilled Chicken Tacos
These simple and delicious real food grilled chicken tacos are the perfect recipe for your next taco night. They are fresh and flavorful, with just the right amount of spice.
I had the opportunity to try Foster Farms Simply Raised Fresh Chicken for this recipe. Foster Farms Simply Raised Fresh Chicken never contains antibiotics and is locally grown in California and the Pacific Northwest.
To flavor the chicken, I mixed together taco seasoning (my large container of taco seasoning is from Costco) and a couple tablespoons of olive oil. It spread easily on the chicken and didn’t fall off while grilling.
Paired with just a few simple ingredients, these grilled chicken tacos were fresh and healthy. It’s one of those new comfort food recipes I feel great about feeding to my family. What is The New Comfort Food? It’s filling and hearty, but still has a healthy balance of local and fresh ingredients. It also has minimal ingredients and quick, easy steps.
On a side note, my 2 year old sliced these tomatoes for me. I would say she did a pretty good job! (Check out my tips on cooking with kids here)
- 2 Foster Farms Simply Raised Fresh Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- shredded romaine lettuce
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the taco seasoning and olive oil.
- Brush the taco seasoning-olive oil mix over both sides of each chicken breast.
- Grill the chicken for 8 minutes per side, until the internal temperature of your chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Slice the chicken and serve on tortillas with avocado, tomato, cheese, and shredded lettuce.
***Please take a moment to check out our sponsor, Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken. It’s sponsors like Foster Farms that support this blog and keep you in delicious recipes!***