These simple and delicious grilled chicken tacos are the perfect recipe for your next taco night. They are fresh and flavorful, with just the right amount of spice.
I love taco night. The fresh ingredients, spicy salsa, and yummy cheese. You really can’t go wrong! Plus, taco night makes all three of my kids happy. That’s an accomplishment in itself.
The chicken cooks up quickly on the grill and the rub we put on them is so surprisingly easy, you don’t even really need a recipe. Then, you just toss it in a tortilla and top with your favorite toppings. Dinner is served!
How to make grilled chicken tacos?
- To flavor the chicken, I mixed together taco seasoning (my large container of taco seasoning is from Costco) and a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Brush the olive oil mixture on the chicken before grilling. The taco seasoning adds flavor and the oil keeps it from falling off (and sticking to the grill).
- Once the chicken is cooked, it’s time to assemble your tacos. I like serving these grilled chicken tacos on flour tortillas with fresh tomato, avocado, and cheese.
How much chicken do I need for tacos?
A little bit of chicken goes a long way when making grilled chicken for tacos. 2 chicken breasts is enough to feed my family of five with leftovers! I recommend making a little extra – the leftovers are tasty!
What to do with leftover grilled chicken for tacos?
Make chicken quesadillas
Put it in chicken tortilla soup
Put it on a taco salad
Eat more tacos!
What to serve with grilled chicken tacos?
Tacos are really a stand alone meal, but if you are looking to add a little filler, we recommend serving it with Mexican rice or refried beans.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the taco seasoning and olive oil.
- Brush the taco seasoning-olive oil mix over both sides of each chicken breast.
- Grill the chicken for 8 minutes per side, until the internal temperature of your chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Slice the chicken and serve on tortillas with avocado, tomato, cheese, and shredded lettuce.
Grilled chicken can be made ahead and frozen up to 3 months.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 tacos
Amount Per Serving Calories 516Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 43mgSodium 860mgCarbohydrates 52gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 8gSugar 2gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 23g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for grilled chicken tacos? Let us know what you thought with a rating or comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.