Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas are a family favorite! The instant pot fajitas simmer in a flavorful broth that can then be drizzled over the fajitas before serving. We love this healthy and easy instant pot dinner.
I love all things Mexican food and Tex-Mex inspired dishes. Some other favorites are Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos, Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas, Instant Pot Taco Stuffed Peppers, and Instant Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta. All of these recipes are so good! Make sure you check out our Instant Pot Cookbook, too. These instant pot fajitas were featured in the cookbook!
How to make instant pot chicken fajitas?
This chicken fajita recipe is a dump and go recipe – my favorite kind. All you need to do is prep the chicken and vegetables, toss them in the instant pot with chicken broth, diced green chilies, lime juice, and taco seasoning. Pressure cook the fajitas for 12 minutes, natural release, and serve!
What are good toppings for instant pot fajitas?
- Sour Cream
What do you serve with chicken fajitas?
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) can mild diced green chilies
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Optional: cheese and sour cream for serving
- Combine all ingreditients except tortillas in instant pot. Stir to combine.
- Close the lid and set the pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set to 12 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes and the quick release remaining pressure.
- Serve chicken and veggies in warmed tortillas.
- Drizzle a small amount of the sauce over ever fajita and top with cheese and sour cream, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 Fajita
Amount Per Serving Calories 217Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 99mgSodium 433mgCarbohydrates 15gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 5gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 22g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot chicken fajitas? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.