As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love a good slow cooker meal and this Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe does not disappoint. It’s super easy to prepare (especially if you already have cooked chicken on hand). I like to cook a big batch of chicken and save it individual portions in my freezer so I am ready to go anytime I need cooked chicken for a casserole or soup.
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to cook your chicken, try this garlic chicken recipe. It’s easy and painless.
This crockpot chicken tortilla soup is one of those recipes that you throw together in the morning and it’s ready for you when you get home in the evening. If your slow cooker has an automated keep warm setting, this soup can sit for a good couple of hours until you’re ready to eat it.
You may also like: Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 16.5 ounce can diced and fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 16.5 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Combine chicken stock, water, chicken, tomatoes, beans, green chiles, corn, onion, oregano, salt, and pepper to the bowl of your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve topped with tortilla chips, jack cheese, and cilantro
Soup Week Lineup:
- How to Make Soup From Scratch
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Hamburger Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Chicken and Dumplings
- How to Freeze Soup