This creamy fruit salad recipe is one of those dishes that will bring you back to childhood. It’s sweet and satisfying – perfectly paired with cherries, apples, pineapple, and mandarin oranges. We like to call it Thanksgiving Fruit Salad because it’s extra special! Make sure you check out our list of cooking recipe for kids, too!
I love a good fruit salad. Especially one that I can make ahead of time! This creamy fruit salad recipe is extra special because it has a sweet creamy dressing that makes it feel extra special. That’s why I like to call it Thanksgiving Fruit Salad!
What fruit goes in creamy fruit salad?
This creamy fruit salad includes mostly canned fruit with a dose of fresh chopped apples mixed in. It’s a great Fall fruit salad!
I love that this creamy fruit salad is made with mostly pantry items. The only fresh fruit required is an apple. I used a sweet gala apple in this creamy fruit salad, but granny smith would work, too.
How to make Thanksgiving Fruit Salad
- Make the dressing: Mix together vanilla yogurt and thawed whipped topping until fully combined.
- Fruit: Chop up the apple and mix it into the creamy dressing. Add in the canned fruit – cherries, pineapple, and mandarin oranges.
- Chill: Refrigerate the creamy fruit salad for at least 1 hour.
- Serve: Serve the thanksgiving fruit salad cold. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Can you make fruit salad the night before?
Yes. You can make this thanksgiving fruit salad the night before and store it in your refrigerator. Although there are apples in this recipe that can brown, they are covered by the creamy dressing, so it’s not something you have to worry about.
Creamy fruit salad is a great make-ahead thanksgiving side that is sure to please kids and adults alike!
How long will fruit salad last in fridge?
Fruit salad will last in the fridge for about 3 days. Any longer than that, and the fruit will start to go bad and will lose it’s consistency.
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, defrosted
- 1 (6-ounce) container vanilla yogurt
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) jar Maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping and vanilla yogurt. Mix well.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple, Maraschino cherries, mandarin oranges, and chopped apple.
- Mix until the fruit is evenly coated.
- Chill the creamy fruit salad for at least 1 hour. Use within three days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 232Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 25mgCarbohydrates 41gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 3gSugar 38gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for creamy fruit salad AKA thanksgiving fruit salad? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.