Learn how to make your own homemade frozen pizzas with this easy tutorial. This recipe is completely customizable to fit your own favorite pizza flavors.
I love stocking my freezer for easy grab-and-go lunches (and dinners) and making frozen pizza has been on my list for a long time. I finally took the time to experiment with method and recipe and shared a little bit in my last freezer session post. (This post contains affiliate links)
After a bit of trial and error, I found you can freeze pizza. You just need to keep these tricks in mind.
- Par-bake your crust before you freeze pizza
- Use a high temperate when cooking frozen pizza
How to make homemade frozen pizza
The trick with making delicious homemade frozen pizza is to par-bake the crust.
- Start by making a big batch of pizza dough (I doubled this recipe).
- Divide into 8 pieces and roll each into an 8-inch round.
- Next, you will par-bake the dough on a pizza stone or preheated cookie sheet.
- Bake your dough (working in batches) for 5 minutes and let cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Top with pizza sauce, grated cheese, and your favorite toppings.
- Flash freeze for 2-3 hours. Wrap in plastic wrap and slide into a freezer bag.
Cooking Frozen Pizza
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Add pizza stone or cookie sheet in the oven before preheating starts.
- Bake pizzas on the pizza stone for 8-10 minutes.
You may also like: Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches or Freezer-Friendly Beef and Cheese Burritos
- 2 batches pizza dough
- pizza sauce
- grated cheese
- desired toppings
- Place a pizza stone or cookie sheet in a cold oven. Preheat to 450 degrees.
- Divide pizza dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch round.
- Working in batches, bake pizza dough for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Top with favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Flash Freeze: arrange pizzas on a cookie sheet (not touching) and place in freezer. Let freeze for 2-3 hours. Wrap each frozen pizza in plastic wrap or foil. Slide into a zip-top gallon sized freezer bag or you may double wrap.
- Reheat in a 500-degree oven on a pizza stone or preheated cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350
See? Isn’t that easy? We had a night last week where I was exhausted, my husband was running late, and I just whipped out some of these homemade frozen pizzas for my kids. I made two for the three kids to share and they ate it all. It was so easy to feed my kids a homemade meal without actually having to do much cooking.