As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This air fryer calzone recipe uses a flaky puff pastry dough and is filled with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. It’s also easy to customize these calzones by filling them with your favorite pizza toppings!
Isn’t the air fryer amazing? It makes everything just taste better. The story is the same for these calzones or homemade hot pockets. I’ve been making the oven-baked variety for many years. So, of course, the recipe had to be converted to an air fryer recipe!
What is in an air fryer calzone?
This recipe calls for puff pastry, which you can find in your grocer’s freezer section. If you prefer, you can also make your own pizza dough and use that instead.
Either way, you’re going to fill each calzone with your sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings. We kept it simple with pepperoni, but you could do bell peppers, Italian sausage, or even Canadian bacon with pineapple.
How long does a calzone go in the air fryer?
10-12 minutes. If you are cooking them from frozen, increase the time to 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Calzone Recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices pepperoni
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Slice puff pastry into three strips.
- Spread sauce over half of each slice of puff pastry.
- Sprinkle sauce with cheese and top each with two slices pepperoni.
- Fold puff pastry in half and seal the edges using the tines of a fork.
- Air fry 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
Did you try this recipe for air fryer calzones? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment!