Make these fun and festive Snowman Rice Krispie Treats this winter! They are fun for both big and little kids, plus you can customize them with all different kinds of toppings. This recipe is part of our list of 25+ Cooking Recipes for Kids. Thank you to Kellogg’s for sponsoring this post!
It wouldn’t be the holidays without making a yummy treat with your kids and this Snowman Rice Krispie Treats recipe fit the bill. They are fun, festive, and delicious! You may also like our Adorable Egg Snowman Snacks.
We ended up using both the traditional Rice Krispies and Cocoa Krispies for this recipe. We also used gumdrops, icing, pretzels, and candy eyes to decorate our snowmen.
How to make Rice Krispie Treats
If you’ve never made Rice Krispie Treats before, it is super easy.
1. You start with a little butter and a bag of mini marshmallows in a pan cooking over medium heat.
2. Melt the butter and marshmallows and then mix in the Rice Krispies.
3. Press them into a baking dish, let cool, and enjoy.
How to make Snowman Rice Krispie Treats
Since we made Snowman Rice Krispie Treat, we took the mixture directly from the pan and formed them into balls for snowmen.
Then, we used our frosting as glue to add the decorations. If we make this again, we will use brown frosting. The red frosting made the snowmen look a little scary (in my opinion). No one seemed to care, because we all gobbled them up pretty quickly!
We also had some fun decorating the kids’ noses with frosting. 🙂
If you are looking for other Rice Krispie Treats recipes, check out this post for Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats.
A fun and festive Rice Krispie treat snowman recipe to cook with your kids!
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Decorations: Cocoa Krispies, pretzel sticks, candy eyes, gum drops, icing or frosting
- In a medium saucepan, melt the mini marshmallows and butter.
- Fold in the rice krispies cereal and allow to cool slightly.
- Roll Rice Krispies into various sized balls to form snowmen. Gently squeeze the balls to hold the rice krispies together and press into snowman shapes.
- Decorate with Cocoa Krispies, pretzel sticks, candy eyes, gym drops, and icing/frosting.
- Store in an air tight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 315
Snowman Rice Krispie Treats are fun to make and eat! Add this to your list of holiday activities!