This pumpkin streusel coffee cake is easy to make and comes out of the oven smelling wonderful. It tastes even better with a brown sugar streusel and sweet vanilla icing. It pairs perfectly with black coffee. Or if you’re like me, coffee loaded with creamer. 😉
I knew I wanted to share one last pumpkin recipe with you before fall ended and I’m so glad it’s this recipe! If you’re curious about the other recipes I shared this year, check out: Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, and Glazed Pumpkin Spice Cookies.
If you’re sick of the pumpkin recipes, don’t worry – this is it for the year. I promise to dive face first into warm soups and decadent cookies soon enough.
To make this recipe, I headed over to Dollar General to stock up on ingredients. I picked up Libby’s® 100% Pure Pumpkin for the pumpkin streusel coffee cake. Then, I grabbed Nescafe® Taster’s Choice® Instant Coffee (perfect when you have guests with lots of different drink requests). I also spotted this Nestle® Coffee Mate® Liquid Creamer that is shelf stable. You don’t have to refrigerate it until you open it. Pretty cool.
Once I got home, I whipped up this batch of coffee cake while I was waiting for my sister to arrive. She came over to watch Bad Moms with me while my kids napped. We ate coffee cake, caught up with each others lives, and enjoyed a good movie. It was a nice day.
Okay, enough about my life. Here is your recipe:
For the Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 stick, 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sour cream
For the Streusel
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks and chilled
For the Icing
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 inch spring form pan or deep dish cake pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and nutmeg.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add in the eggs, pumpkin, and sour cream and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the dry streusel ingredients: flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Using a fork, mix in the cold butter pieces until it forms pea sized crumbles.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the cake pan, followed by half of the streusel. Repeat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool.
- To make the Icing: Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until it turns into a smooth glaze. Drizzle over the cooled cake and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 485
Be sure to visit the Dollar General where you can download coupons for Nescafe® Taster’s Choice® Intstant Coffee and Nestle® Coffee Mate® Liquid Creamer.
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?
Recipe Source: Adapted from Portuguese Girl Cooks