This post was sponsored by Bush’s Beans. All opinions are my own.
Black bean and corn quesadillas are an easy and delicious weeknight meal. They’re kid-friendly and work for Meatless Monday, too! I actually made these quesadillas in the middle of the day and fed them to my preschooler for lunch. She loved them and happily picked the beans right out of the quesadilla. I can’t blame her. They are yummy.
Start by mixing together Bush’s black beans, corn, and mild diced green chiles. Heat up a skillet with butter and place a tortilla in the skillet. Sprinkle in some of the black bean mixture, followed by shredded cheese and another tortilla.
Cook until the bottom tortilla is crisp and starts to brown.
Flip and cook on the other side. Serve warm with salsa and sour cream.
This recipe for black bean and corn quesadillas are made with mostly pantry staples. I love keeping Bush’s beans on hand because they are shelf stable, a great source of protein and fiber, and totally kid friendly. They are also super versatile and can be made into a variety of recipes, like this taco salad. You can find Bush’s black beans at your local Walmart.
Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas
An easy and delicious frugal vegetarian meal!
- 1 cup Bush's Black Beans from one 16 ounce can
- 1 cup corn canned or frozen
- 1/2 can 2 ounces mild diced green chiles
- 8 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 4 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese
- Sour Cream and Salsa for garnish optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together Bush's black beans, corn, and mild diced green chiles.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the skillet. Spread 1/4 of the black bean mixture on top of the tortilla. Add 1 cup shredded cheese and top with an additional tortilla.
- Let cook until the bottom tortilla starts to brown. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and continue to cook until the other tortilla has started to brown and the cheese has melted.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Cut each quesadilla into corners and top with sour cream and salsa.