This recipe for black bean and corn quesadillas was sponsored by Bush’s Beans. All opinions are my own.
These black bean and corn quesadillas are full of flavor. They are perfect for an easy kid-friendly meal and work for Meatless Monday, too!
I actually made these quesadillas in the middle of the day and fed them to my preschooler for lunch. She loved them and happily picked the beans right out of the quesadilla. I can’t blame her. They are yummy.
I love that this recipe is one that I can whip up on a busy weeknight in just a few minutes. We all have those nights where we’re tired, hungry, and are tempted to hit a drive-thru. I invite you to try this recipe next time instead of opting for take-out.
How to make black bean and corn quesadillas
Start by mixing together Bush’s black beans, corn, and mild diced green chiles. Heat up a skillet with butter and place a tortilla in the skillet. Sprinkle in some of the black bean mixture, followed by shredded cheese and another tortilla.
Cook until the bottom tortilla is crisp and starts to brown.
Flip and cook on the other side. Serve warm with salsa and sour cream.
A Kid-Friendly Meatless Monday Recipe
This recipe for black bean and corn quesadillas are made with mostly pantry staples. I love keeping Bush’s beans on hand because they are shelf stable, a great source of protein and fiber, and totally kid-friendly.
They are also super versatile and can be made into a variety of recipes, like this taco salad.
Other delicious meals ready in 30 minutes or less
- Kale and Smoked Sausage One Pot Pasta
- Turkey Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
- Easy Cheesy Pressure Cooker Baked Ziti
- Sloppy Joes
- Baked Pesto Chicken
Making these black bean and corn quesadillas low carb
A friend of mine told me her kids love this recipe and she tailors it for herself by using the corn and black bean mixture to top a salad instead of a quesadilla. Genius!
If you are looking for an easy way to feed yourself and your kids while still eating mindfully, then this may be a great substitution for you.
- 1 cup Bush's Black Beans, from one 16 ounce can
- 1 cup corn, canned or frozen
- 1/2 can, 2 ounces mild diced green chiles
- 8 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 4 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese
- Sour Cream and Salsa for garnish, optional
- In a medium bowl, mix together Bush's black beans, corn, and mild diced green chiles.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the skillet. Spread 1/4 of the black bean mixture on top of the tortilla. Add 1 cup shredded cheese and top with an additional tortilla.
- Let cook until the bottom tortilla starts to brown. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and continue to cook until the other tortilla has started to brown and the cheese has melted.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Cut each quesadilla into corners and top with sour cream and salsa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 712.2
I love a good easy weeknight meal and these black bean and corn quesadillas definitely save time without sacrificing flavor.