Make this delicious recipe for instant pot meatloaf with potatoes and carrots for dinner tonight! The meatloaf is made perfectly with a blend of ground beef and spicy Italian Sausage while the potatoes and carrots cook at the same time in the same pot.
Today’s recipe for Instant Pot Meatloaf with Potatoes and Carrots is adapted from my very favorite meatloaf recipe. It’s a recipe I’ve mentioned several times over the time I’ve had this blog – including my very first blog post. This recipe for instant pot meatloaf features the pot-in-pot method. The baby carrots and baby potatoes are cooked on the bottom, while the meatloaf is cooked on top of a trivet and inside a steamer basket. (This post contains affiliate links.)
New to the instant pot? Check out our instant pot guide here.
I know it sounds complicated, but it’s really quite easy (and awesome that you can make all of this in one pot). Yay for less dirty dishes (and less work)!
Start by sauteing the veggies in your instant pot on Saute.
Cover and let cook until the carrots are soft. Mix in ketchup, Worcestershire, and seasonings. Remove the cooked vegetables and set aside. Pour in 1 cup of chicken broth and deglaze the bottom (scrape all of the brown bits from the bottom). This does two things. Anything stuck to the bottom of the inner pot within the instant pot could prevent it from coming to pressure. Plus those little brown bits will add tons of flavor to your potatoes and carrots.
Turn your instant pot off. Place the carrots and potatoes in the inner pot with the chicken broth.
Mix together your meatloaf ingredients in a medium bowl.
Form your meatloaf into a round loaf inside a large piece of foil. Place into the steamer basket within the instant pot. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
Enjoy your delicious and comforting meatloaf and these yummy fork-tender potatoes and carrots.
Instant Pot Meatloaf with Potatoes and Carrots
Pot-in-pot recipe for instant pot meatloaf with baby carrots and baby potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ cup ketchup + ¼ cup for topping
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth.
- 2 pounds baby potatoes.
- 1 16 ounce bag baby carrots.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound mild spicy italian sausage casings removed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Set instant pot to saute and heat olive oil.
- Add onion and carrots. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook another 5 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Add in garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Mix in 1/3 cup ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove veggies from pot and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour 1 cup chicken broth into the inner pot of the instant pot.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pot. Turn off the instant pot.
- Add in the baby carrots and baby potatoes.
- Place a tall trivet inside the instant pot and top with a steamer basket.
- In the large mixing bowl holding the cooked veggies, mix together the veggies, ground beef, Italian sausage. eggs, breadcrumbs, and seasonings. Mix together with your hands until fully combined.
- Shape into a round loaf and place on top of a large piece of foil.
- Lift the meatloaf with the foil and place inside the steamer basket within the instant pot. Leave some foil poking out on the sides for easy removal.
- Drizzle the meatloaf with ketchup.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set to sealing.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Quick pressure release.
- Carefully remove the meatloaf using the sides of the foil and drain any fat. Let the instant pot meatloaf rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the potatoes and carrots.
- Ultimate Instant Pot Gift Guide
- Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Loaded Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup