You need this recipe in your life! Pressure Cooker Baked Ziti is a simple instant pot pasta recipe made with penne pasta and taken to the next level with creamy and flavorful cheese.
I know I just shared a slow cooker spaghetti and meatball recipe with you, but I have been planning on sharing this pressure cooker baked ziti recipe with you since I got my fabulous Instant Pot and I just couldn’t wait any longer.
This recipe was inspired by my favorite dish to order at Olive Garden – Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno! I did reduce the cheese to three kinds of cheese just because I write this blog for busy moms, and well, I didn’t want to send you hunting down five different kinds of cheese.
Especially when sharing an instant pot pasta recipe, it’s supposed to save you time! This recipe for pressure cooker baked ziti is super good and cheesy. If you have an electric pressure cooker, then you need to add this recipe to your list. It’s yummy, filling, and totally kid friendly!
The Best Part about this Pressure Cooker Baked Ziti
There is a secret ingredient in this instant pot pasta recipe, too. Well, three secret ingredients: cheese, cheese, and more cheese! Okay, not so secret, baked ziti is usually about the cheese. Let’s just say it’s my favorite ingredient.
It’s as close as I could get to baked ziti in the instant pot electric pressure cooker without actually baking anything. The cheese makes the sauce so flavorful.
I used penne pasta for this instant pot baked ziti recipe, but you can use any tube-shaped pasta. You just want to avoid the long and skinny pasta varieties (like spaghetti), because I have heard they can clog your Instant Pot. That would be tragic.
How to Make Pressure Cooker Baked Ziti
- To make pressure cooker baked ziti, you start by browning ground beef in the bowl of your pressure cooker set to saute. Next, drain the fat and add your water, pasta, and sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 minutes and quick pressure release (QPR). Open the lid and mix in the cheesy goodness.
- Serve immediately with your favorite garlic bread (or try this cheesy garlic bread recipe.)
So easy and so good. This is a great beginner instant pot recipe.
Do you want more instant pot recipes? Join our Instant Pot Recipes for Families group on Facebook!
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 cups water
- 32 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Set pressure cooker to saute and brown ground beef. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove browned ground beef and drain fat.
- Add in pasta, water, meat, and marinara sauce (in that order).
- Close lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick Pressure Release. (QPR).
- Stir in the cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses.
Amount Per Serving Calories 472
Other Amazing Pressure Cooker Recipes:
- Instant Pot Loaded Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
We love making baking ziti with penne pasta in our pressure cooker. We hope you enjoy it, too. Have a question or comment? Let us know below.