Make these adorable Grinch Cookies for your holiday cookie tray! Sure, they look Grinchy, but I promise they are all sweet!
Grinch cookies are a classic sugar cookie made with green food coloring. They are decorated with a teeny-tiny red candy heart – to represent the Grinch’s too-small heart, of course!
I LOVE all things Grinch and have shared several recipes and fun ideas over the years. Make sure to try our Grinch Christmas Cookies (green blossom cookies with a candy cane Hershey’s kiss), Grinch Cinnamon Rolls, Grinch Christmas Shots, and the Grinch movie night I threw for my kids a few years ago!
There will be one more grinch-themed recipe coming out this month, so keep an eye out for it! I’ll also be sharing a festive holiday drink, easy no-chill sugar cookie dough, and the yummiest peanut butter bark made with Reese’s Pieces. Sign up for my newsletter to be the first to hear about new recipes!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Heart sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the green food coloring, stirring until it is completely distributed and reaches a grinchy green color. Add more food coloring, if needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls.
- Place cookie dough balls on the prepared cookie sheet, spaced 2 inches apart. Gently flatten each dough ball with a spoon.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately place a red heart sprinkle in the center of each cookie.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to fully cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 123Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 21mgSodium 156mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for Grinch Cookies? Let me know what you thought with a rating and comment.
I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program! Thank with Google is a fun experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for the recipes and posts on my website.
What I really love is that my readers get to choose and select from a variety of different stickers. Every time you decide to send a paid sticker, you can add a personal message. And for me, these virtual stickers can translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into creating the content that you enjoy on my website.
You can find the Thank with Google feature at the top and bottom of each blog post. If you test it out let me know what you think! Thanks as always for your support. Happy Holidays!