As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make the cutest cupcakes for Christmas! These reindeer cupcakes are homemade vanilla cupcakes topped with chocolate frosting and decorated with pretzels to look like everyone’s favorite reindeer – Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!
I share a simple from-scratch vanilla cupcake recipe for these Rudolph Cupcakes, but you can absolutely use your favorite recipe or use a boxed cake mix. The important part is top them with chocolate frosting and follow my decorations to turn them into sweet little reindeer with candy red noses.
How to decorate cupcakes to look like reindeer?
- Start by frosting your cooled cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Then, use mini pretzels for the horns. I like the fun candy eyes that includes some with eyelashes.
- Use a red jellybean for the nose – or a red hot. You can even use red M&Ms if you want.
There are many ways to give the red nose that will make it absolutely adorable and tasty as can be!
More Festive Holiday Fun!
- Christmas Rice Krispies Treat Reindeer
- Reindeer Donuts
- Rice Cake Christmas Ornaments
- White Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe
Reindeer Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- 24 mini pretzels
- 24 candy eyes
- 12 red jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Let fully cool.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, frost cupcakes with the chocolate frosting.
- Place two pretzels on the top two corners of the cupcake.
- Add two candy eyes.
- Add a jelly bean to create a nose.
Did you try this recipe for reindeer cupcakes? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.