Make this creamy and rich instant pot apple butter in under an hour! We show you how easy it is to make this special fall treat with our no-peel method! Make sure you check out our full list of instant pot apple dessert recipes!
We love our apple recipes around here! We have also shared recipes for Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake, Caramel Apple Milkshake, instant pot apple dumplings, and instant pot apple crisp.
How to make apple butter in the instant pot?
- Start with sliced and cored apples (no need to peel).
- Combine apples with spices, brown sugar, and water.
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Puree apple butter until smooth.
- Bring apple butter to a simmer using the saute setting.
- Let simmer 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate and then enjoy.
What is the difference between applesauce and apple butter?
Making apple butter in the instant pot is similar to making instant pot applesauce. The biggest difference is the cooking time. We cook apple butter in the pressure cooker for longer, puree, and then let it simmer again to really let it deepen the flavors.
How long does homemade instant pot apple butter last?
Homemade apple butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month and the freezer up to 6 months.
What do you put apple butter on?
Does homemade apple butter need to be refrigerated?
Yes. This recipe requires refrigeration.
- 6 small gala apples
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Core and slice apples, leaving the skins on.
- Combine apples, water, brown sugar, and cinnamon inside apple sauce.
- Close lid and set pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 20 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and puree instant pot apple butter using an immersion blender or standing blender.
- Press saute button and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Turn instant pot off.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Serve on toast, buscuits, or oatmeal.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
SteamMates Wraps Compatible with Instant Pot Accessories 6 qt | Customize Your Instant Pot with Different Designs | Fits InstaPot Duo 6 qt ONLY | Spring Floral Red Duo 6 Qt
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving Calories 34Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 6gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 0g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot apple butter? Let us know what you thought with a rating (click on the stars in the recipe above) or with a comment (below). You can also tag us on social media using @aileencooks.