Whip up these easy and tasty instant pot apple dumplings tonight! This instant pot apple dessert tastes like apple pie without all of the work.
We love our apple desserts around here. Make sure you check out our recipes for Apple Cinnamon Muffins, instant pot apple cider, instant pot apple butter, instant pot applesauce, Instant Pot Apple Crisp, Cinnamon Apple Crisp, Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake, and Caramel Apple Milkshakes.
Testing out apple dumplings for the instant pot has been on my list for a while. But between writing my cookbook and parenting three kids, it got pushed to the bottom of my list. Now I’m kicking myself for not trying it sooner because this recipe is amazing.
Not only is it insanely easy, but it really does taste like apple pie. It took me less than an hour from start to finish and most of it was hands-off time. I took some photos and my daughter immediately asked to taste test. Before I knew it, my entire family was at the table inhaling the entire batch.
Serving size for instant pot apple dumplings
Originally, I planned on listing the serving size as one dumpling. But my family of 5 easily consumed these in one sitting, so I am setting the serving size to two dumplings. They aren’t huge, but you could stretch it if you want to feed 8.
How to wrap apple dumplings?
Place an apple slice on the skinny point of a crescent roll. Roll the crescent roll up toward the two wider points, with the apple inside. Pinch the edges of the crescent roll to seal the apple dumpling. Scroll down to the recipe for process photos.
Can apple dumplings be made ahead of time?
Yes. Cook as directed in the recipe below and refrigerate up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave until warmed through.
You can also prep them without cooking. Roll up your apple dumplings as stated in the recipe and refrigerate until ready to cook. Make the sauce at the time of cooking.
Can you freeze instant pot apple dumplings?
Yes. Once cooled, place the instant pot apple dumplings and sauce in a freezer safe container and freeze up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge or on the counter and then reheat in the oven or microwave.
Whip up these easy and tasty instant pot apple dumplings tonight! They taste like apple pie without all of the work.
- 1 roll crescent dough
- 2 small gala apples, cored, peeled, and quartered
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Open roll of crescent dough and roll out all 8 sections of dough.
- Place an apple quarter on the short end of each piece of dough.
- Roll the dough and apple lenghtwise until you get to the wider edge of the dough and pinch the crescent dough closed around the apple.
- Press saute botton on Instant Pot and add butter.
- Once butter is melted, whisk in sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour in apple cider and deglaze bottom of pot.
- Mix in vanilla extract and press cancel.
- Place dumpings in a single layer inside instant pot and turn to coat in sauce.
- Close lid and set pressure release to sealing.
- Press manual or pressure cook button and set to 10 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.
- Remove lid and let cool slightly.
- Serve warm and drizzle with sauce.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 448 Total Fat 25g Saturated Fat 15g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 65mg Sodium 77mg Carbohydrates 56g Fiber 3g Sugar 46g Protein 2g