I always have the ingredients on hand, so I can easily whip a batch of biscuits on a random Tuesday.
These fast and easy biscuits are so flaky and soft. It’s the same dough I used for my mess-free sloppy joe pockets I shared with you a few months ago.
The biscuits are also freezer friendly, so you can totally double a batch and throw 1/2 in your freezer to go with one of your freezer meals or to defrost on a busy night when a can of soup is on the menu.
Easy and delicious biscuits that will be ready in 20 minutes with just 5 ingredients.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup cold milk
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the cold butter and mix together with a fork until the flour forms little pea sized crumbles.
- Slowly mix in the milk until a dough forms.
- Knead 8-10 times and turn out onto a floured surface.
- Roll the biscuit dough 1/4 inch thick and use the top of a glass (or cookie cutter) to cut out 2 inch rounds of dough.
- Once you run out of cutting space, squish the biscuit dough back into a ball and roll out and cut again.
- Bake on the greased cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 141
What do you eat with your biscuits?