As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make these tasty apple cinnamon muffins made with Kodiak Cakes mix, fresh Granny Smith apples, and drizzled with a yummy vanilla glaze. Thank you to Kodiak Cakes for sponsoring this post!
Muffins are my happy place. Baking them makes me happy and watching my children enjoy them makes me even happier. I made these muffins while I was making instant pot minestrone soup and air fryer cauliflower for dinner.
It made my entire kitchen smell of cinnamon. It was so delightful. All three of my kiddos got really excited when they saw the muffins come out of the oven and even more excited when they saw the vanilla glaze be drizzled on top.
Of course, I made them wait to have them for breakfast the next day. Apparently, I am officially in the “my kids will consume an entire dozen muffins in one sitting” phase. Or these muffins are just that good. Of course, I snuck half of an apple cinnamon muffin to taste test the night before, so they technically only ate 11 1/2 muffins for breakfast.
What is in apple cinnamon muffins?
As soon as I opened the package, the smell of cinnamon wafted out into my kitchen. This mix is made with 100% whole grains and rolled oats inside. I love that I can make a tasty treat that has more nutrients than your standard muffin. The muffins did not come out dense at all and did not taste like a whole wheat muffin. They were light and airy with a great crumb texture.
Plus, I didn’t have to worry about measuring out flour, baking soda or powder, or salt. All of that was already in the mix!
One Bowl cinnamon apple muffins
This one bowl cinnamon apple muffin recipe takes just minutes to throw together. We use melted butter so you don’t have to cream together ingredients. You just mix it all in one bowl, fold in some apples, and scoop it into muffin tins.
Apple muffins with muffin tops
Speaking of muffin tins, I like to fill my muffins all the way up. I didn’t do any of that 3/4 business. Filling the muffin tins to the top makes the batter slightly cook over the top, giving you a nice muffin top edge. It makes these apple muffins extra good!
How to store apple cinnamon muffins?
These cinnamon apple muffins can be stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 7 days. They can also be stored at room temperature, but won’t stay fresh as long (only about 2 days) because they are made with fresh fruit.
If you want to store the muffins for longer than a month, we recommend freezing them. Cinnamon apple muffins can be stored in the freezer for 3 months or longer, as long as your freezer stays cold.
What to serve with apple cinnamon muffins?
These apple cinnamon muffins make a great breakfast. We paired them with green smoothies, but you could also pair them with yogurt. Here are some recipe ideas for you:
- Protein Packed Tropical Smoothie
- Creamy Orange Smoothie
- Instant Pot Yogurt
- Instant Pot Granola
- Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs for the Freezer
Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Cinnamon Oat Power Cakes
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups and set aside.
- Combine Cinnamon Oat Power Cakes mix, light brown sugar, milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix until combined but still lumpy.
- Fold in apples.
- Scoop muffin batter into prepared muffin tin. Fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- To make the icing: whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. If the icing seems too dry, mix in a few drops more milk.
- Drizzle the icing over the cinnamon apple muffins using a fork.
- Muffins may be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Muffins may be frozen up to 3 months.
Did you try this recipe for apple cinnamon muffins? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.