Instant Pot Crack Chicken is a tasty and versatile chicken recipe made with frozen chicken breast, bacon, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, green onions, and sharp cheddar.
New to the instant pot? Check out our instant pot guide here.
Why is it called Instant Pot crack chicken?
This recipe is called Instant Pot “crack chicken” because it’s hard not to eat it all in one sitting! You can serve it with crackers, rolls, or over salad. Yum! Just note that this recipe is made with both cream cheese and bacon. So healthy, it’s not. 🙂
Is there a lighter version of this recipe?
You can lighten up Instant Pot crack chicken recipe by using reduced fat cream cheese and omit the bacon. Either way, it will still have a great flavor, thanks to the ranch seasoning. Also, if you love ranch, you may want to check out my recipe for Buttermilk Ranch Chicken Tenders.
Can I make instant pot crack chicken with defrosted chicken?
Yes. Simply cut your cook time down to 15 minutes on high pressure.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe (with frozen chicken)
- 1/2 pound chopped bacon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ranch packet
- 2 pounds frozen chicken breast approximately 3 large
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Set your pressure cooker to saute.
- Cook the chopped bacon and then remove and place a paper towel to drain fat.
- Pour chicken broth into the instant pot electric pressure cooker and deglaze the bottom of your pot. Make sure there are no bits of food stuck to the bottom of your pan or your pot may not come to pressure.
- Whisk in the ranch seasoning packet.
- Place the frozen chicken breasts in the pot and top with the cream cheese.
- Close lid and set to sealing.
- Cook on manual - high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Natural Pressure Release for 5 minutes and then remove the rest of the pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- While chicken is removed, whisk 1 tablespoon cornstarch into the chicken broth mixture.
- Return chicken and bacon to the pot and mix until evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve warm on crackers, rolls, or lettuce. Top with sharp cheddar and green onions.