Are you looking for a Loaded Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese recipe? With crispy bacon, fresh green onions, and loads of cheese, you have found the perfect instant pot pasta recipe!
I love this family-friendly instant pot macaroni and cheese recipe. It keeps the grown-up happy with the yummy add-ons and the kids happy because, well, its mac n cheese!
Don’t get me wrong, we love a good batch of the blue box mac n cheese. But sometimes, I want to make something that feels more like a meal. And feels more homemade.
This instant pot pasta recipe covers both of those requirements. Adding a little bit of meat to our meal keeps my husband satisfied and I love the addition of green onions.
This batch of instant pot mac n cheese also makes a really big portion, so it’s much more suitable for dinner. Whereas the aforementioned blue box is much more of a kids’ lunch serving size.
The Cheese in the Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
I used cheddar and jack cheese for this pressure cooker mac and cheese recipe, but you can use whatever cheese you like best or have on hand. the great thing about making mac n cheese is how easy and forgiving it is. You can really go wrong with elbow macaroni and a big serving of melted cheese.
Don’t Hold the Hot Sauce
This instant pot macaroni and cheese recipe also calls for hot sauce. It doesn’t make it spicy at all, but does add a great flavor. Don’t skip this step!
The brand doesn’t matter as much – just use whatever you have on hand. Also, if you want it to add some kick, try mixing in some extra hot sauce after the cheese is melted. Then you will really have a grown-up version of macaroni and cheese.
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 pint 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and add bacon.
- Cook until bacon is browned.
- Remove bacon and set aside. Discard bacon grease.
- Combine the elbow macaroni, water, and hot sauce in the bowl of your instant pot electric pressure cooker.
- Set to manual - 4 minutes.
- Once done, quick pressure release.
- Once all pressure is released, open your instant pot and mix in the heavy cream and shredded cheese.
- Mix well and serve with bacon and green onions.
Amount Per Serving Calories 741
Other awesome instant pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Apple BBQ Ribs
We love making a big batch of this instant macaroni and cheese recipe when we’re craving comfort food. We hope you like it, too!