Make a big batch of these three ingredient instant pot apple bbq ribs in just an hour! They come out fall off the bone tender and perfectly sticky sweet.
Instant Pot Apple BBQ Ribs are the reason why I bought an instant pot electric pressure cooker in the first place. I wanted to cook large cuts of meat in a short period of time. I was not disappointed by this recipe.
How to make ribs in the instant pot?
I had not made ribs before owning an instant pot and I was impressed by how easy it was to make.
1.You start with a rack or spare ribs, cut in half. Season them with salt and pepper.
New to the instant pot? Check out our instant pot guide here.
2.Pour a cup of apple juice (you could also use leftover instant pot apple cider) into the instant pot and place the ribs on top of a trivet inside of the pot.
3.Cook it on high for 35 minutes and they come out perfectly cooked.
4.Next, just brush on some BBQ sauce and broil it for 2-3 minutes.
5.There you have it. Perfectly cooked ribs, smothered in sweet and sticky barbecue sauce.
What to serve with instant pot ribs?
- 1 rack pork spare ribs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup sweet barbecue sauce
- Cut the rack of ribs in half and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Pour apple juice in the bowl of the pressure cooker and put the trivet inside.
- Place the ribs on top of the trivet.
- Set your electric pressure cooker to manual - high - 35 minutes.
- Quick pressure release.
- Set your oven to broil.
- Brush the barbecue sauce on the ribs and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Broil the ribs for 2-3 minutes and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 952