Make these fun and festive Valentine’s Day sugar cookies today! You are going to love how easy these pink heart shaped cookies are to make with our no-chill dough!
These cute heart shaped cookies are decorated with a frosting dyed pink and then topped with white sugar pearls. They are so pretty! We cut the cookies into various sized hearts using a nesting heart cookie cutter set like this one.
Other Valentine’s Day treats we have shared are Valentine’s Day Fruit Kabobs with Vanilla Dip, Easy Valentine’s Day Sprinkle Cookies, Strawberry Cake Batter Dip, Valentine’s Day Cookie Bars, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Truffles, and Instant Pot Valentine’s Day Chocolate Cake.
How do you store decorated sugar cookies?
Sugar cookies can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3-days. If you want to store them long-term, decorated sugar cookies can be frozen up to 3 months.
To freeze, place cooled cookies on a cookie sheet and freeze 1 hour. Place frozen cookies in an air-tight container and place back in the freezer. To defrost, remove cookies from freezer and let come to room temperature for about 2 hours.
Can you decorate sugar cookies with cake frosting?
If you want to skip making your own frosting, you can use cake frosting. This is a great activity to do with multiple kids. Just get a couple of different colors of cake frosting and let them frost the cooled sugar cookies with a butter knife.
Make these fun and festive Valentine's Day sugar cookies today! You are going to love how easy these pink heart shaped cookies are to make with our no-chill dough!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Red food coloring
- White sugar pearls
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. Mix until creamy.
- Add in eggs one at a time and mix until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and mix again.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder and stir.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff.
- Do not chill the dough.
- Roll out the cookie dough onto a piece of parchment paper so they are 1/4 thick. They should be on the thicker side.
- Cut dough into heart shapes. Carefully transfer the cookie cutouts to a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until just cooked but not yet browned.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- While cookies are cooling, whisk the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk together.
- Slowly mix in red food coloring a little bit at a time, until icing turns pink.
- Frost and and decorate cookies with sugar pearls.
Store any uneaten sugar cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature, up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 397Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 56mgSodium 132mgCarbohydrates 60gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 35gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for Valentine’s Day sugar cookies? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.