Make this adorable heart-shaped instant pot chocolate cake for your next special occasion. It’s perfectly moist and chocolatey with the yummiest chocolate ganache.
I love making desserts in my instant pot. I have made funfetti cake, peanut butter cup cheesecake, cherry cobbler, Oreo cheesecake, peach cobbler, and apple crisp. This chocolate cake might just be my favorite. It is so rich and delicious and I absolutely love how it turns out as a heart-shaped cake. If you are looking for more instant pot recipes, you might be interested in my cookbook.
Where do I find the heart-shaped pan?
The pan we used is the heart-shaped fluted pan made by Wilton. It is an 8-inch pan and can be purchased on Amazon.
Will the pan fit inside a 6 quart instant pot?
No. Unfortunately, this heart-shaped pan only fits in the 8 quart instant pot. If you have a 6 quart instant pot, you can still make this cake in the Nordic Ware 6-cup bundt pan (which I own and love). Alternately, you can try and find a 7-inch hart shaped pan, or two smaller pans and make two smaller cakes.
How to make chocolate cake in a pressure cooker?
This chocolate cake is very easy to make. We use a cake mix to save time and then top it with an easy homemade chocolate ganache and tasty sprinkles to make it look (and taste) extra special.
Can I freeze instant pot chocolate cake?
You sure can! Make sure the chocolate cake is fully cooled down. Wrap it in two layers of foil, label, and freeze up to 3 months. I love freezing individual slices of cake so I can have a little treat when the craving hits. To defrost, simply unwrap and let it come to room temperature for about an hour. Enjoy!
What to serve with chocolate cake?
- A big glass of milk
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Whipped Cream
- Winter fruit salad
Make this adorable heart-shaped instant pot chocolate cake for your next special occasion. It's perfectly moist and chocolatey with the yummiest chocolate ganache.
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cup water, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine cake mix, eggs, 1 1/4 cups water, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Grease and flour an 8-inch heart shaped bundt pan.
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Cover the top of the bundt pan tightly with foil.
- Add 1 cup water to the inner bowl of an 8-quart instant pot. Place trivet inside.
- Make a foil sling and carefully lower filled bundt pan on top of trivet in the instant pot. Loosely fold foil sling over the top of the bundt pan.
- Close lid and set pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- Quick pressure release.
- Let cool on a cooling rack for 30-60 minutes.
- Use a knife to gently separate the cake from the sides of the bundt pan and empty the cake onto a wire rack above a cookie sheet.
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling.
- Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl.
- Pour heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the cake and let sit for a few minutes.
- Top cake with sprinkles.
- Allow ganache to set before cutting, about 20 minutes.
The heart-shaped bundt pan will ONLY fit in the 8 Quart instant pot. If you have a 6 quart instant pot, you will need to use the smaller 6 cup round bundt pan or find a 7-inch (or smaller) heart-shaped bundt pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The "I Love My Instant Pot" Affordable Meals Recipe Book
Wilton Heart-Shaped Tube Cake Baking and Decorating Set, 3-Piece
Instant Pot Duo 80 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer, 8-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
Betty Crocker Baking Mix, Super Moist Cake Mix, Triple Chocolate Fudge, 15.25 Oz Box
Nordic Ware 51323AMZ Formed Bundt Pan, 6-Cup, Navy
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 319Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 87mgSodium 62mgCarbohydrates 18gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 14gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Save this recipe for later on Pinterest.
Did you try this recipe for instant pot chocolate cake? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment. You can also tag us in your recipe creations on social media using @aileencooks.