Fruit kabobs with strawberry dip are the perfect healthy Valentine’s Day snack for kids. Especially since Valentine’s Day (like most holidays) is filled with lots of candy. These heart shaped strawberries on a fruit kabob are the perfect compliment to a sweets filled day. The fruit dip makes it feel more festive.
To make the heart shaped strawberries, simply cut a triangle out of the tops of the strawberries. Then, string the strawberries, raspberries, and grapes on wooden skewers. This is a great job for kids, just be mindful of the slightly sharp tip of the skewers.
To make the strawberry dip whisk together 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam. Continue to mix until it turns light pink and is fully combined (chunks of strawberries are okay). This is a great job for little hands.
I had two cute little helpers with me to make this healthy valentine’s day snack (my son chose not to have his picture taken this time). My kids sampled along the way and then gobbled up almost all of the fruit in one sitting. I guess they really like fruit and strawberry dip. 🙂
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 8 wooden skewers
- Cut triangles out of the tops of strawberries to shape them into hearts.
- Add all fruit to skewers in a fun pattern.
- To make the strawberry dip: whisk together the Greek yogurt and strawberry jam until fully combined.
- Serve the fruit kabobs with dip immediately and store any unused dipping strawberry dip in the refrigerator.
- Creamy Fruit Salad
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Healthy Christmas Tree Fruit Platter
- Cooking With Kids: Cinnamon Glazed Bananas
- Cooking With Kids: Colorful Chicken Noodle Soup