Honey Lime Fruit Salad
I made this honey lime fruit salad over the weekend to share with my Dad and his family. We are starting to get more fresh fruit options here in California now that the weather is warming up, so I knew I wanted to capture some of those flavors and share them with my family.
This fruit salad is made with all fresh fruit – strawberries, blueberries, red seedless grapes, and mandarin oranges (also knows as cuties). It’s topped with lime zest and a light dressing made with lime juice and honey. It is so good. They entire bowl was consumed within minutes. Next time I will have to make a double batch if I have any hopes for seconds.
I love to serve this salad for kid’s birthday parties and BBQs. It’s also a very simple kid-friendly dish to bring to a pot luck.Fruit salad with honey and lime? Sign me up! Click To Tweet
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup red seedless grapes (halved if very large)
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from one lime
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries, grapes, oranges, and lime zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey.
- Fold the honey lime dressing into the fruit salad right before serving.
Source: Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe