This Crockpot Taco Soup is exactly a it sounds – tacos in soup form. It’s filled with ground turkey, beans, corn, diced green chiles, and taco seasoning. It’s very kid friendly since it’s packed with so many options. My daughter loved the beans and my son loved the corn. As long as they eat some of it, I call it a win.
With just 10-15 minutes of prep on the front end, it’s a fast and simple meal – perfect for a busy weeknight.
I know this soup should really be shown with tortilla chips (like this chicken tortilla soup recipe), but I just loved scooping this soup up with saltines. Feel free to top it with whatever makes you happy – tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream.
We also paired it with a simple cheese quesadilla to make it more fun (and filling) for the kiddos.
- 1 pound ground turkey - browned and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 16 oz. can black beans
- 1 16 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. can corn
- 1 8 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup taco seasoning, or 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Mix until the tomato paste is fully distributed.
- Cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
- Top with tortilla chips or saltine crackers.
What’s your favorite crockpot taco soup topping?