Buffalo chicken in the slow cooker is one of those easy weeknight meals that you can toss together in less than 10 minutes and come home to a healthy and delicious meal. It’s made with just 5 simple ingredients that you may already have on hand in your kitchen.
I have been making this slow cooker buffalo chicken for many years. It is one of the first recipes (along with this recipe for turkey chili) I discovered after buying my first slow cooker many moons ago. I’ve tweaked the recipe many times and finally settled on this recipe after I discovered that more liquid in a slow cooker chicken recipe is best, making for moist and flavorful chicken.
This recipe is reminiscent of chicken wings with way less work involved. Just whisk together some hot sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine vinegar. Pour it in your slow cooker with a few chicken breasts and you will have flavorful crockpot buffalo chicken by dinner time.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups mild hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker (frozen chicken will work for this recipe)
- Whisk together the hot sauce, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine vinegar.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and turn the chicken so they are evenly coated.
- Cook on LOW 6 hours or HIGH 4 hours.