Whip up a batch of these easy air fryer pickles with a bonus recipe for tangy dipping sauce that is perfect for your homemade air fried pickles!
I love, love, love fried pickles. They are one of my favorite appetizers to order at Chili’s and it was one of the top things on my list to make with my air fryer at home.
Air Fried Pickles FAQ
Do I need to dry off my pickles before air frying them?
No, there is no need to dry off your pickles before coating them in batter. The batter will stick just fine to your pickles and the pickles juice adds that extra delicious flavor.
What sauce goes with pickles?
We love a homemade tangy dipping sauce for pickles made of miracle whip, ketchup, tabasco, and spices.
Now, I know Miracle Whip is a hot topic. If you prefer Best Foods, please, use it! You are only going to like the flavor of the dipping sauce if you like the flavor of the ingredients.
What kind of pickles do I need?
We used dill pickle chips in this recipe. Dill pickles are the way to go but spears may also be used.
Do I need to air fry my pickles in batches?
Yes. You will need to work in batches for this recipe. You do not want to layer your pickles on top of each other or they won’t get crispy all the way around.
How do you make fried pickles from scratch?
We love this easy air fryer pickles recipe because it uses just 3 ingredients: dill pickle chips, extra crispy Shake ‘N Bake, and olive oil spray.
- Start by placing both package of shake ‘n bake in a ziplock bag. Add the pickles (about 1/4 of the jar at a time) and shake until well coated.
- Place the pickles in a single layer in the air fryer and spray with olive oil (we recommend this refillable olive oil spray bottle).
- Cook until golden brown, about 9 minutes at 400ºF.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1 (5-ounce) package Kraft Shake 'N Bake Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix for Chicken & Pork
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Dill pickle chips, drained
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 4 shakes Tabasco
- Empty both packages of shake 'n bake into a gallon-sized zip top bag.
- Working in batches, place a few pickles inside the bag of shake 'n bake and shake the bag to coat the pickles.
- Place pickles in a single layer in the air fryer and spray with olive oil spray.
- Continue fillign the air fryer until the tray or basket is filled with pickles in one single layer, not overlapping.
- Air fry at 400°F for 9 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining pickles.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the Miracle Whip, ketchup, sugar, lemon juice, garlic salt, dill, and Tobasco until fully combined.
- Serve pickles warm with dipping sauce.
- For a spicier dipping sauce, add more tobasco.
- Air fryers very. Keep an eye on your pickles the first time you make them to ensure they don't overcook.
- Refrigerate any leftovers, up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
COSORI Air Fryer,Max XL 5.8 Quart,1700-Watt Electric Hot Air Fryers Oven & Oilless Cooker for Roasting,LED Digital Touchscreen with 11 Presets,Nonstick Basket,ETL Listed(100 Recipes)
Misto Brushed Aluminum Oil Sprayer - 5061116
Kraft Shake 'N Bake Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix for Chicken & Pork, 5 oz
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1/8 cup pickles
Amount Per Serving Calories 439Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 53mgSodium 870mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 2gSugar 65gProtein 14g
Nutrition information is an estimate.
Did you try this recipe for air fryer pickles? Let us know what you thought with a rating and comment.